Perfect Pimm's Punch

One of the best parts of living in Florida is the ability to enjoy refreshing tall drinks all year long. So not surprisingly, I first encountered the classic summer drink, the Pimm's Cup, last winter. At its simplest, a Pimm's Cup is Pimm's No. 1 mixed with soda (lemon-lime, ginger-ale, whatever you fancy) and garnished with fruit to make a delightful cocktail that is still the traditional drink of Wimbledon.

For my taste, I want a little more kick and a little more complexity. So I make this Pimm's Punch instead. It gets rid of the soda and uses homemade lemon-limeade along with fresh squeezed orange juice, Pimm's No. 1 and additional gin.

I like to make this punch in batches, but I'll give you the proportions for one drink so you can make as much as you'd like.

First, to make the lemon-limeade you need to juice an equal amount of lemons and limes. Add 1 tsp of sugar and 1 oz of water for every ounce of fresh juice. Once the sugar is dissolved, you are ready to assemble you cocktail.



Combine the ingredients and pour over a glass of ice. Garnish with fresh fruit. My favorites are orange slices and fresh cherries. Enjoy! 

Labels: , ,