Orlando Top Ten Restaurants of 2013

Orlando Top Ten Restaurants of 2013 Boozy Epicure: Orlando's Best Restaurants of 2013

New year, new list. I started last year by posting Boozy Epicure's Top 10 Orlando restaurants for 2012, but 2013 brought new places to town. Some of my favorites have changed. For these restaurants and more, including grocery stores and my favorite places by category, check out my page Eating in Orlando.

1. The Ravenous Pig, Winter Park
I keep coming and it never disappoints. Lunch, dinner, drinks, everything is good, but the proteins, charcuterie in general, are what makes The Ravenous Pig shine.



2. Prato, Winter Park
I was already a fan, now I'm a regular. Love the homemade pastas and the seasonal crudos. Wine list has many tasty choices by the glass and a respectable mix by the bottle.

3. Norman's, Ritz-Carlton, Orlando
Fine dining that is worth getting dressed up for. My favorite tasting menu in Orlando.  Add the wine pairings and you've got Boozy Epicure heaven. http://normans.aitrk.com/

4. The Table, Dr. Philips
Not a traditional restaurant, The Table is more of a supper club. They serve dinner on Friday and Saturday nights only and they have all 22 seats around one large table. The meal is one all inclusive price, paid in advance, so you show up, get a cocktail and appetizers then sit down to a five course meal that includes wine pairings for each course. Can't wait to try their newest place, a speakeasy style bar called the Pharmacy.

5. Luma on Park, Winter Park
Sister restaurant to Prato. I love the wine list, and half glass options are great since it's the small plates that really shine. The dinner menu has a lot more going on than lunch, but everything is well-made and delicious.

6.  Yellow Dog Eats, Windermere
When I first moved to Orlando, this was the first restaurant to convince me here might be more to the dining scene than chain restaurants and Disney properties. While this place is super casual and not a fine dining place by any means, the sandwiches and BBQ are creative and top notch. Fish knows what he's doing and I keep coming back. Any place that has had me as a regular for 10 years had to be on my "best of" list.

7. Cafe de France, Winter Park
Skip over hyped French restaurants with luxe interiors and try French cuisine in a simple setting. The escargot is still a favorite and their fries are killer at lunch. The wine list is small, but it's got a nice mix whether you are drinking by the glass or grabbing a bottle.

8. Winter Park Fish Co, Winter Park
Perhaps the best seafood in Central Florida, the lobster roll and fried grouper sandwich are just two of my faves. Perfect for lunch.

9. Bosphorous, Winter Park
Turkish cuisine that can't be beat. I haven't had a bad dish, and am addicted to the mixed appetizer and LAVAS bread. Wine list is decent too. 

10. Cask & Larder, Winter Park
The same chef/owner couple that created Ravenous Pig opened Cask & Larder in September of 2012. When it first opened, there were both hits and misses, and each time I go back, it gets stronger. The Country Ham trio with biscuits alone is worth going for. The hand-crafted beers, available in flights if you are like me, and house made everything make this a welcome addition to the Orlando restaurant scene.

This may be my top 10, but there are a ton of incredible places in Orlando. If you want my complete guide with recommendations by category,  check out my page Eating in Orlando.

Labels: